1. We love your work! How do we book a session? I do not want to miss the chance to work with you. Call 785-393-7939, or Email: TheSidelinePhotographer@gmail.com
2. Do you have a studio? I do not have a studio. All portrait sessions are done at various outdoor locations in Lawrence Kansas and surrounding areas.
3. We have a session scheduled, now what happens? Prior to your portrait session we will have a pre-session consultation to plan your shoot. At this time we will discuss shooting locations, clothing choices, weather, hair and make-up. The consult provides you and your family with the chance to meet me and become comfortable. Most importantly it helps us to develop a plan for the day of your session.
4. How many outfits should I bring? Bring as many outfits, shoes and accessories as you would like. I only ask that you have all of your clothing choices ironed and hung on hangers to help with the selection process.
5. Can other people be in my senior portraits? I will allow others to join your session for 10 minutes. This could be your family or a friend, however if you want them to be a larger part of your session there will be an additional charge.
6. How do we order our portraits? It is so exciting to see your portraits for the first time!! After your session we will meet at your home to view, select and order your portraits. Don't worry I have software that makes the image selection process easy. Please have all decision makers there, you will be selecting your images to purchase and paying for the order at this appointment.
7. What do portraits cost? Portrait packages start at $****, a la carte pricing is available as well.
8. Do you charge for editing an image? I personally hand edit every selected image for a beautiful polished look at no additional charge. However, there is a $25 charge per image for the removal of braces and the glare for glasses.
9. Do you sell digital files? My goal is to provide your family with beautiful printed art. However, some clients want the digital negatives in addition to the printed portrait. Digital negatives are available for purchase.
10. How long will it take to receive my order? Your custom wall art and print order will be hand delivered to you in 2-3 weeks after our order appointment. Custom albums will be delivered 4-8 weeks.
11. When will you post my photos on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram? I know that you are excited to share your portraits. I want you to share your portraits!!!! Posts to social media sites are made when given the appropriate permission by the client and are based on the customer's order.
12. Does my session fee include prints, products or digital files? Unless otherwise stated, session retainer fees do not include the cost of custom prints, products or digital files. The session retainer fee covers the time and talent of the photographer which includes planning your session, photo editing and preparation of your reveal session. The session retainer fee is required to be paid in full in order to schedule a session. The session fee is non-refundable however I will work to accommodate session changes due to illness, emergencies, or weather within my schedule.
This FAQ page covers the most common questions that I am asked. My goal is for portraits to be a fun collaborative process. I look forward to working with you - book your session today!